Last updated: 14 August 2022
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
To provide you with RentLondonFlat.com products and services, and for other purposes, as will be explained below, we collect personal information about you via a variety of ways.
ASKING AND OBTAINING INFORMATION FROM YOU IN PERSON, OR VIA EMAIL, OR ONLINE MESSAGE
You must provide certain information to us, that is essential for the provision of RentLondonFlat.com services and products.
This basic information covers contact details such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, the organisation you work for, your employment status, and profile photo.
When transacting business with us, you will be asked to provide identification documents, such as your passport or other government-issued documents and a recent photo of your image which is a true likeness.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND USE OUR SERVICES
When you visit our website, submit an application and use our services, we automatically collect your personal information, which may include but not limited to:
INFORMATION RELATED TO YOUR LOCATION
We may collect personal information such as your IP Address which may allow us to know your approximate or precise location such as the country from which you are visiting our website.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USAGE OF OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES
For example, we collect information about the content you view or interact with, the particular actions you take while visiting our website or using our Service. We may also collect personal information about the frequency and timing of your specific activities.
We also collect device information from a variety of devices such as phones, computers, and other web-connected services you may use to access and use our website and services.
This information includes, but is not limited to unique device identifiers, device attributes, device signals, cookies, and device operations.
PAYMENT TRANSACTION INFORMATION
We accept payments both via card payments and bank transfers. We collect personal information such as payment instrument used (such as PayPal, bank transfer, or credit card), date and time of the payment, payment amount, the expiration date of the payment instrument used and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN details, your postal address, and any other relevant transaction details.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the personal information you provide directly or indirectly, we also collects personal information from third-party sources.
If you link, connect, or log in to our website by using a third-party service provider such as. Google, Facebook, WeChat, you authorise the relevant service to provide us with information such as your registration, your friends’ list, and profile information as accessed and controlled by that service or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service.
PERSONAL BACKGROUND INFORMATION
To the extent authorised by applicable laws, we may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations.
Guests will have to provide referrals as part of their rental application, which may include personal information about you such as previous addresses, payment history, family members, behaviour, and any other relevant personal information releant to being a worthy tenant or occupant of a rental property.
CREDIT REFERENCING AGENCIES
To ensure that the prospective Guest can afford to pay rent, we collect financial information from Credit Referencing Agencies. This information may include proof of income, bank statements, your repayment history, and any other relevant public records.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE LEGAL BASIS UPON WHICH WE RELY
In this section, you can learn about how we use your personal information and which legal basis we rely on to use your information to provide, improve, and Develop the RentLondonFlat.com website and services:
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to enable you to access and use our website and our services and to make and receive payments, perform analytics, debug and conduct research, and to provide customer service.
In order to send you messages, updates, security alerts, and notifications, personalise and customise your experience based on how you engage with our website and services and upon your search and previous tenancy history, your details, and other content you submit to us.
We use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity which we have identified as major potential risks affecting companies in our industry
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- verify or authenticate the information you provided such as your ID
- conduct checks against institutional databases and other information sources, including background or police checks
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our, Owners, Owners’ employees and members of the public
- resolve disputes between our Members
- enforce our agreements with third parties
- comply with the law, respond to legal requests
- prevent harm
- protect our rights to Enforce our Terms.
We may use personal information to provide, personalise, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our third-party partners
- analyse characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you
- offer means of payment for you to transact business with us
We may use personal information relating to your payment method to:
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, security incidents
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations)
- with your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences
- provide and improve the payment methods and services we offer to you
MEDIAVINE PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING (Ver 1.1)
The RentLondonFlat.com website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on our website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit our website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on our website.
First-party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting.
A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting.
Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “tags”) may be placed on our website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information here.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of our website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our website. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on our website.
Our website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit the National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website and </a> and the Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
THE LEGAL BASIS UPON WHICH WE RELY
We rely on the ‘Performance of the Contract’ ground when we collect and use your personal information to provide the payment services. By relying on your consent we may also send you promotional messages and marketing information.
Depending on who we share your personal information with, we rely on different legal grounds such as “Consent”, “Legitimate Interests”, “Legal Obligation”, and “Performance of Contract”.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under certain circumstances.
WHEN YOU CONSENT FOR YOUR DATA TO BE SHARED
We share your information with third parties with your consent, and while following the content, and within the scope, of your consent.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to share also certain information about you, such as your email address, and share it with social media platforms after de-identifying it, to generate leads and drive traffic to our website or to promote our products and services other ways.
We may share personal information between Owners and Guests to facilitate the renting process and to enable them to evaluate prospective Guests and also for third parties to underwrite rent insurance policies.
The information we may share includes:
- details relating to the timing of nature of the application to rent
- names of Guests
- cancellation history
- ages (unless prohibited by applicable law)
- dispute outcome (where applicable)
- information collected from credit reference agencies
- profile photo and phone number (to assist with coordinating property viewing meetings and logistics)
INFORMATION THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE PUBLIC BY YOU ELSEWHERE
You can make certain information publicly visible to others on other fora, such as:
- profile photo
- personal biographical information
- residence locations
- approximate location of an accommodation or experience
- calendar availability
- aggregated demand information (e.g. page views over a period of time)
- reviews, ratings, and feedback comments
- content in a community forum or discussion thread, blog article, or social media post.
We reserve the right to display parts of your public profile and other content you make available to the public such as listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Please note that the information you make public on our platform may be indexed by third-party search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS INVOLVED IN TENANCY OR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
We may use third-party services to help manage services in a rented property, such as cleaning services, storage, furniture removal, or locksmith services. We may use features on our platform to share information about Guests such as move in and move out dates, names, and phone numbers for the legitimate purposes of facilitating tenancy or property management tasks.
COMPLYING WITH THE LAW, PREVENTING HARM, AND PROTECTING OUR RIGHTS
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or other authorised third parties, if, and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law, or where disclosure is reasonably necessary:
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to comply with a valid legal request, or to respond to claims asserted against us
- to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may exposes us, you, or any other of our website users or customers to legal or regulatory liability
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our employees, its Members, or members of the public
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or
- we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to us, our Members, or expose us to a claim of obstruction of justice.
For jurisdictions where we facilitate the collection and remittance of taxes where legally permissible according to applicable law, we may disclose Owners’ and Guests’ information about transactions, bookings, accommodations, and occupancy taxes to the applicable tax authority. For example this information could include Owner and Guest names, listing addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received (or due) by Owners from Guests, and other contact information such as phone numbers.
In jurisdictions where we facilitate or require a registration, notification, permit, or licence application of an Owner with a local governmental authority through us in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Owners with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, periodically thereafter, such as the Owner’s full name and contact details, accommodation address, tax identification number, listing details, and length of residence.
BUILDING MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
We may share personal information of Owners and Guests such as information related to tenancy agreements, and information concerning compliance with relevant applicable laws such as short-term rental laws, with those appointed to manage residential developments and buildings (henceforth “Building Management”), in order to facilitate programs with Building Management. For example, personal information such as the Guest’s contact details may be shared with Building Management.
We may your share personal information with third party service providers to help us deliver our products and services. These service providers may help us:
- verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents
- check information against public databases
- conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment
- perform product development, maintenance, and debugging
- allow the provision of our services through third-party platforms and software tools via the integration with our APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
- provide customer service, advertising, or payments services
- process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims
- facilitate non-profit and charitable activities consistent with our mission. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications on our platform for purposes including, but not limited to: including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and analytics.
5. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. Please be aware that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR DATA
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may grant you the right to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format/
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
If applicable under the relevant laws, you you may ask for your personal data be transferred to another organisation.
RIGHT TO ERASURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under certain laws, you can make a request for the erasure of your personal information. However, your right to erasure of your personal information is subject to the following limitations:
We may retain your personal information so long as it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention and detection of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and ensuring safety. For instance, if we reject your application on the basis of fraud, money laundering or any other activity related to safety, we may retain your personal information to detect any subsequent application by you in the future.
We may retain and use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations under the applicable laws such as those related to tax laws, legal reporting requirements and auditing requirements.
To protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, we store copies of your personal information on our cloud backup systems. Even though we will erase your data from backup system as well, please note that this may take us longer to achieve.
RIGHT TO RECTIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request that we correct or update the personal information that we have about you;
RIGHT TO RESTRICT THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your data because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or you may raise objections against how we use your Personal Information.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we rely on Legitimate Interests ground for our processing activities, you may object to our reliance on Legitimate Interest. For example, you may submit a request that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We can do this by keeping a single record of your data on a suppression list.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
To exercise your rights, please contact us at: [email protected]
To submit a request, you must provide us with your personal information such as your name, your surname, your ID, information about relationship with us and you must also provide details about your request.
We aim to respond to your requests within 30 days.
While it is not possible to guarantee 100% security, we, implement the most robust and updated organisational and technical measures to ensure security of personal information and to prevent unauthorised access to, use and destruction of personal information., we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration. We do involve other security companies to assist defending against cyber attacks, and we do make use of cloud data storage services.
7. DATA RETENTION
We retain your personal information so long as it is necessary for us to manage our contractual relationship.
We delete any personal information 3 years after our contractual relationship ends.
However, we may keep your personal information longer ias may be required under different jurisdictions.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US WITH ANY INQUIRIES ABOUT PRIVACY
RentLondonFlat.com Ltd, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset. BH16 6FA, U.K.
For any inquiries, please email us at: [email protected]