We use these technologies for a variety of purposes, such as:
- to enable you to use and access the RentLondonFlat.com Website and Services;
- to facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to the RentLondonFlat.com Website and Services;
- to better understand how you navigate through and engage with the RentLondonFlat.com Website and Services and to enhance the RentLondonFlat.com Website and Services;
- to show you personalized advertising (such as those on the RentLondonFlat.com Website and in the emails we sent you or on third-party websites)
- to provide you with more relevant content;
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the RentLondonFlat.com Website and Services;
- to enforce legal contracts governing the relationship between users and RentLondonFlat.com
- for purposes of providing customer support, analytics, research, product development, and complying with relevant laws and regulations.
What are Cookies?
When you visit the RentLondonFlat.com’s Website, we may store cookies on your device. Cookies are small text files that websites send t your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to save information or settings in your browser.
Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our Website. They also help us provide a customized experience and can enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable manner without reference to personal information.
For example, we may use the information we collect to better understand website traffic patterns and to optimize our website experience. In some cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your personal information. Our business partners may also use these tracking technologies on the RentLondonFlat.com Platform or engage others to track your behavior on our behalf.
What are different categories of Cookies?
- There are different ways to categorize cookies. First of all, they can be grouped as ‘Session Cookies’ and ‘Persistent Cookies’.
(1) “session cookies”: cookies that collect technical information as you browse from one page to another on our Site. These cookies have a limited lifetime and deactivate when you close your Internet browser.
(2) “persistent cookies:” cookies that are used to save your connection data and to remember your settings the next time you connect to the Site. A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and is kept there when you close your web browser.
- Another way to categorize cookies is as ‘First-Party Cookies’ and ‘Third-Party Cookies’.
(1) “First-party Cookies” cookies which we use to improve your experience. They are associated with a User’s personal information. No third party has access to the information we collect through our cookies.
(2)” Third-Party Cookies” cookies that are placed on our Site by third parties to provide their services. They place cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our Site in order to provide their services. You will find more information about these cookies in the privacy policies of concerned third parties.
- Cookies can also be categorized by their purpose
- “Strictly Necessary Cookies”: these cookies are essential for you to browse the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. For instance, these cookies enable us to remember your language or cookie settings. These cookies are first-party session cookies. You cannot refuse the use of these cookies.
- “Analytical Cookies”: these cookies are third-party session cookie These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, e.g. which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track user traffic patterns. These cookies help us to improve the way the Site operates.
- “Marketing Cookies”: These cookies are used by RentLondonFlat.com and our trusted partners to gather information about you over time, across multiple websites, applications, or other platforms. Marketing cookies help us to decide which products, services, and interest-based advertisements to show you, both on and off our website and apps.
What Personal Information Do We Collect with Cookies and Similar Technologies
By using Cookies and similar technologies, we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Your IP Address;
- Your Device ID and Device attributes;
- The pages you viewed and engaged with on our Website;
- Your Browser type;
- Browsing information;
- The operating system of your Device;
- Your Internet service provider;
- Timestamp of your visits and your specific actions.
What Cookies and Other Similar Technologies Do We Use to Collect Personal Information?
- Flash Cookies
We may use Flash Cookies, also known as Local Stored Objects, and similar technologies to provide you with a more personalized and improved online experience. A Flash cookie is a small data file stored on your computer using Adobe Flash technology. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that enables the provision of dynamic content rapidly to you, such as video clips and animation.
Flash cookies can also be used for security purposes, to aggregate certain website metrics and to help remember user settings and preferences.
To manage Flash cookies, you should visit Adobe’s website.
If you disable or reject Flash cookies or other similar technologies, be aware that you may be unable to access and use certain content and product features. For instance, you may be unable to view videos or your device may not remember a listing that you have viewed previously.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, and Trackers
Pixel tags, web beacons, and tracking urls are tiny graphic images and/or small blocks of code we insert on website pages, ads, or in our emails. These tools enable us to observe specific actions you have taken on our Website. When you access or interact with pages on our Website, or when you open or engage with an email, we collect the details in relation to those specific actions you have taken.
- Server Logs and Other Technologies
Technologies such as server logs and other technologies enable us to collect personal information such as the type of device you use to access the RentLondonFlat.com Website, your operating system type, your browser type, your domain name, and other system settings, as well as the language of your system. Furthermore, we also collect information about the country in which your device is located and the time zone.
Our server logs also detect and save information about the IP address of the device that connects you to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices require to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about which websites you were visiting before you arrived at the RentLondonFlat.com Platform and the websites you go to after you leave the RentLondonFlat.com Platform.
Using these technologies and collecting such information allows us to enhance user experience on our Website.
- Device Information
We may use device-related information to verify the identity of our users. Such information includes, but not limited to:
- Your IP address,
- Your browser information,
- or other data collected by your browser or from your device to identify the device.
We may associate different devices you use to access our Website to prevent fraud by using these techniques.
Furthermore, we may also use these techniques to serve you with more targeted ads.
- Third Parties
Third parties, including Facebook, place technologies such as pixels and SDKs on the RentLondonFlat.com Platform.
(1) help us gain insights about how you use and engage with the RentLondonFlat.com Website such as by recording the third-party services from which you arrived on our Website,
(2) market and advertise our products and services to you on the RentLondonFlat.com Website and third party websites,
(3) enable us to detect or prevent fraudulent activities or conduct risk assessments, and
(4) collect information about your activities on the RentLondonFlat.com Platform, other sites, and/or the ads you have clicked on. For instance, we work with a variety of analytics partners, such as Google Analytics to drive insights into how our users use and interact with our Website. If you choose to prevent Google Analytics from collecting and using your information for analytics purposes, you may install and enable the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here.
Third parties such as Facebook, may also use their tracking technologies to collect information from the RentLondonFlat.com and other platforms and then use that information to display ads that they deem to be most likely to be relevant to you and measure the degree of effectiveness of their ads both on our Website and on other websites and other online services. Targeting and advertising cookies we use may include Google, and other advertising networks and services we use from time to time. To learn more about how Google manages personal information in its ad products, click here. If you want to find out more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt-out of them, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or http://youronlinechoices.eu.
To disable Google Analytics for display advertising or to customize Google display network ads, please visit the Google Ads Settings page. To the extent advertising technology is integrated into the RentLondonFlat.com Platform and you opt-out of tailored advertising, be aware that you may still see advertising content. If that is the case, the advertising content you receive will not be tailored to your particular interests. Also, we do not control any of these opt-out links and do not acknowledge any responsibility for the availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. Users can disable the collection and use of their information for ad targeting by changing their Facebook account ad settings.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information via Third Party Social Plugins
The RentLondonFlat.com Platform integrates social plugins into its Website. These plugins include:
- Facebook: Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Google+: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Twitter: Twitter Inc., Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
- Pinterest: Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
- Instagram: Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
These plugins run by those Social Media NetWork operators enable you to share content from our Website with your contacts on these social networks.
If you want to use the functionality of the respective social network, you give your consent for your personal information to be transferred to the social network operator from then on. RentLondonFlat.com does not have any control over what type of personal information is collected and how it is used by the relevant social media network operators.
Following Personal Information may be transferred to those Social Networks when you activate these plugins:
- Your IP address and Device ID;
- User identification, if you are logged into the respective service
- Previous pages you visited(if you arrived b following a link)
- Type of browser and browser settings
- Installed plugins like Adobe® Flash® or Adobe® Reader®
- URL of the page the social media plugin is integrated into
- The date and time of the relevant visit
- Technical data relating to the operating system
- Geo-location information
If you are logged in to your account with a third party, then the relevant third party may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with the RentLondonFlat.com WebSite to your account you have on their platform. Please visit the relevant third party’s privacy policies to learn more about its data practices.
Even if you do not have an account on the said social networks, these networks may still collect some of your Personal Information such as your IP address.
How Can you Manage Cookie Preferences?
You can modify your browser setting to reject cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. While you may disable cookies via your browser settings, the RentLondonFlat.com Website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals in the HTTP header coming from your browser or mobile application because there is currently no standardization for the interpretation of such signal. lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
You can visit the following pages of relevant browsers to accept and reject Cookies:
Please note that Flash cookies work differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools of the web browser will not disable flash cookies.
Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. We advise you to check your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information about this.
If you reject cookies, some functions of our Website may not work as intended or may be completely out of use.
How long are cookies stored?
When cookies that are not strictly necessary to the operation of the Site are set on your device, they are kept for a maximum period of six (6) months.